Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Baby

That's right.  I have a new baby. Not really the crying, napping, diaper and bib wearing kind.  More of the staying out all hours of the night, memory making, sleek, sophisticated-ish, electronic kind of baby.  It is...



























The Canon EOS Rebel T3. I bought it just a couple of weeks before I shot my first wedding, so I was in a crunch to learn how to use it properly.  Luckily, my new baby didn't fail me, and along with the help from my extra fabulous camera assistant Rachelle, and from my seriously awesome new buddy Brian R. for letting me borrow his 50mm lens, I think I actually pulled the wedding off with a (hopefully) satisfied customer :)

I think Rachelle and I shot around 3000 pictures.  I sent them around 750 of the best ones!

The most difficult part of shooting the wedding was timing.  I was hoping to get some really nice shots of the bride in the hotel room, but we were on a time crunch and that didn't happen.  Another difficult aspect of shooting the wedding was choosing a flattering location to do family pictures.  Parking lots are generally not so beautiful, but we didn't have many options since at that particular time the courtyard was off limits,  and for whatever reason, the family gravitated toward the parking lot.

Next time if I do this again, I will be more demanding with a schedule, mostly to ensure the bride and groom get the great pictures and cherished memories that they are paying for.  I think I might also have to buy a second external flash for the assistant's camera (my old G9), since a lot of the pictures came out dark just from using the built-in camera flash.

Next time I need to also wear black.  I was in a flowered dress at the ceremony right next to the preacher and all up in the bride's grill just to get a shot.  The least I can do next time is wear black, so I blend in a little better.  I need a nice black dress with pockets.  If you see one, let me know!

Pictures of the wedding to come soon!!

For now, here are some pictures of me and my baby...

Halloween Party  (i.e. flash photography bootcamp)




















Snapping pictures at the wedding (snapped by Rachelle)






















Business cards/magnets I made for the event






























Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. so awesome! i've been looking at cameras for my needs. how do you like your baby? (like i even have to ask...) and your business cards are super cute! i'll keep mine eye out for a pocketed black dress for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, if you see a black dress with pockets, email me the link!! I loves my baby ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a new canon this year too = love!
    lexi xx
    FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
    WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings

    ReplyDelete